Faculty Members (Department of Textile Engineering )
Dr. Md. Murshed Bhuyan
Department of Textile Engineering
Dr. Md. Murshed Bhuyan was awarded Doctor of Engineering (D.Eng.) on ‘Hydrogel and Selectively Metal Ion Adsorption’ from professor Kazuhiro Hara laboratory at Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan (MONBUKAGAKUSHO Scholarship, 2015-2018). His works have already been published in the leading international journals and he hopes to publish a few more papers from his research area. He completed his B.Sc. Hon’s (with research project) and MS (with thesis and distinction) in Chemistry achieving excellent CGPA from Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST), Sylhet, Bangladesh. During Master’s program he completed a research project titled “Synthesis of Starch-Acrylic Acid Hydrogels by applying Gamma Radiation and Their Application in Dye Adsorption” under the fellowship of National Science and Information and Communication Technology (2011-2012), Bangladesh. Thus, he possesses almost five years’ research experience in different fields of Chemistry. He served at different colleges and universities of Bangladesh for more than three years which made him competent to work in an institution of higher education Currently, he is conducting his research activities in the field of Chemistry and Textile Engineering.
- M. M. Bhuyan, N.C. Dafader, K. Hara, H. Okabe, Y. Hidaka, M. Rahman, M. Mizanur, R. Khan, N. Rahman, Synthesis of Potato Starch-Acrylic-Acid Hydrogels by Gamma Radiation and Their Application in Dye Adsorption, International journal of polymer Science, 2016 (2016).
- M.M. Bhuyan, H. Okabe, Y. Hidaka, K. Hara, Pectin-[(3-acrylamidopropyl) trimethylammonium chloride- co -acrylic acid) hydrogel prepared by gamma radiation and selectively silver (Ag) metal adsorption, Journal of Applied Polymer Science. Vol. 135, Issue 8, p. 45906 (2017). doi:10.1002/app.45906.
- M.M. Bhuyan, H. Okabe, Y. Hidaka, N.C. Dafader, N. Rahman, K. Hara, Synthesis of pectin-N, N-dimethyl acrylamide hydrogel by gamma radiation and application in drug delivery (in vitro), Journal of Macromolecular Science, Part A: Pure and Applied Chemistry. 55 (2018) 369–376. doi:10.1080/10601325.2018.1442177.
- M.M. Bhuyan, O. B. Adala, H. Okabe, Y. Hidaka, K. Hara, Selective adsorption of trivalent metal ions from multielement solution by using gamma radiation-induced pectin-acrylamide-(2-Acrylamido-2-methyl-1-propanesulfonic acid) hydrogel, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, Volume 7, Issue 1, 2019, 102844, ISSN 2213-3437, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2018.102844.
- Polymer Science
- Environmental Science
- Radiation induced air free synthesis of organic hydrogels (through free radical mechanism)
- Analysis of sample by SAXS, Spectroscopic methods, Thermogravimetric method and SEM-EDS
- Selective adsorption of metal ion from multielement solution