Faculty Members (Department of Textile Engineering )
Department of Textile Engineering
Telephone: +8809613737373, Ext. 265
Md. Sobuj is now serving as Lecturer of Department of Textile Engineering at International Standard University and performs research and teaching relating to textile and apparel. After completing his B.Sc. in Textile Engineering from Bangladesh University of Textiles major in Apparel Engineering, he began his professional career as an executive in Cutting Department of Esquire Knit Composite Limited in 2019 where he worked for 2 years. His industrial experience helps him to blend practical and theoretical knowledge to deliver highest quality of education. Currently, he is conducting his research activities regarding computational textile and technical textile.
- Sobuj, M., Khan, A.M., Habib, M.A. and Islam, M.M. (2021), "Factors influencing eco-friendly apparel purchase behavior of Bangladeshi young consumers: case study", Research Journal of Textile and Apparel, Vol. 25 No. 2, pp. 139-157. https://doi.org/10.1108/RJTA-10-2019-0052
- Sobuj, M., Alam, M.A. and Zannat, A. (2022), "Evaluation of face masks quality features using Kano model and unsupervised machine learning technique", Research Journal of Textile and Apparel, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/RJTA-11-2021-0141
- Conference presentation: “Factors Influencing the Purchase Intention of Eco-friendly Protective Clothing and Textiles for COVID-19: A Case Study”, Textile & Fashion Innovation Congress, 16 April, 2021.
- Prime Minister Gold Medal Award (2019) Nominee
- B.Sc. in Textile Engineering (Apparel Engineering), Bangladesh University of Textiles (Faculty 1st).
- Certified Data Analyst from DataCamp (using Python).
- Micro masters Degree of Supply Chain Management (MIT distance learning).
- Research Methodology – Dhaka University Science Society.
- Internship at Esquire Knit Composite Limited, 1st January 2019 – 2nd March 20219.
- Executive, Cutting Department, Esquire Knit Composite Limited, 6th Nov 2019 – 18th July 2020.
- Garment Technology.
- Apparel washing.
- High performance textile.
- Technical textiles.
- Supply chain management.
- Process optimization.
- Industrial engineering.
- Textile testing.
- 2D and 3D computer aided design.
- Apparel merchandising.
- Statistical application in textile.
- Textile polymers.
- Statistical modeling.
- Machine learning application in textile.
- Textile simulation.
- Textile material modification.