Faculty Members (Department of Textile Engineering )
Engr. Md. Abdul Based Miah
Associate Professor & Chairperson
Department of Textile Engineering
Telephone: +8809613737373, Ext. 260
- M.Sc in Textile Engineering, Daffodil International University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- B. Sc. in Textile Engineering, College of Textile Technology (BUTex), University of Dhaka.
- Short Course on the Public Procurement Management in Bangladesh from DCE, BUET, Dhaka-2009.
- Financial Management Course at BPATC, Savar, Dhaka-2003.
- English Language Course Training at British Council Centre, Dhaka-1991 (747 hrs).
- Different Training from Blow Room to Finishing Section, on Production, Maintenance & Quality Control at TIDC, Savar, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Participated Inplant Errection Work with GDR (Germany) Errection Team at Dhakeswari Cotton Mills Ltd., Narayanganj (8 months).
- University Officers Training Corps (UOTC) Govt. Jogannath College, Dhaka.
- International Workshop on Sustainable Cotton Production from 11-10-2010 to 22-10- 2010, TUBITAK, BUTAL, Bursa, Turkey, organized by UNIDO.
- Special Training Program on Textile Production Planning & Control Bolton Institute of Higher Education. Bolton. BI-3 5AB. UK. Sponsor: British Council. From 01-01-1992 to 30-06-1992.
- English Language Course Training at Bedford Study Centre. U.K. from November 11, 1991 to January 01.1992.
- Worked as a Principal, Govt. Textile Engineering College, Dinajpur, Barisal, Pabna and Noakhali from 1995 to 2015 under Ministry of Textiles & Jute.
- Worked as a Project Director, “Upgradation of Pabna Textile Institute to Pabna Textile Engineering College”, Pabna.
- Worked as a Production Officer (Production, Maintenance, and Quality Controller) in different Textile Mills from 1982 to 1992 under BTMC.
- Worked as a Shift-In-Charge & participated in Plant Errection Work, with GDR (Germany) Errection Team, Dhakeshwari Cotton Mills Ltd.
- Institution of Engineers Bangladesh (IEB) Membership No. F-7970
- Institution of Textile Engineers & Technologist (ITET) Membership No. L-085
To link the academic knowledge and industrial skill for minimizing the dependency of foreign experts in the Textile sector of Bangladesh.