Faculty Members (Department of English )
Md. Shahrear Talukder
Assistant professor & Program Coordinator, M.A in English
Additional Director, CRDP
Telephone: +8809613737373, Ext. 152
Md. Shahrear Talukder, Assistant Professor, in the Department of English at ISU has experience of teaching both language and literature in the Department of English and English Language Center (ELC) at King Khalid University, Saudi Arabia. He was the Head of English Department at Bangladesh Army University of Science and Technology. He coordinated listening skill from 2017-2018 at King Khalid University, KSA. His key responsibilities were to write listening questions, and preparing listening test audios for the English Language Center (ELC). He also coordinated Novel, Poetry, and Drama courses in different academic sessions at King Khalid University. He organized lecture series and discussion sessions as the founding Coordinator of the Literature Club for Faculty of Languages and Translation, King Khalid University. He authored a book titled Glimpse of Rhythm. His areas of interests are creative writing, applied linguistics, translation studies, and education. Samples of his works can be found in his website: Click Here .Being an adaptable educator, he has taken the opportunity to instruct a wide variety of students from various backgrounds, countries and different facets of the society. Mr. Shahrear is fully conversant with the recent trends and tendencies of language teaching and has experience of exploiting technology in the classroom to make the most of the learning experience.
- Book: Glimpse of Rhythm, (Poetry Book), 2017
- E-learning in the time of COVID-19: Lived experiences of three university teachers from two countries, Mohammad A Islam, Shakila Nur, Md. Shahrear Talukder. E-Learning and Digital Media 2021, Vol. 0(0) 1–24.
- Enumeration of Potential Teaching Methods in Higher Education, A Cross-Disciplinary Study, Hindawi, Education Research Institute, Volume 2020, Article ID 8870412
- Femme Fatale or New Woman? Revisiting the Women in Saul Bellow’s The Actual. Rumana Rahman, Md. Shahrear Talukder. BAUST Journal, Vol. 1, No. 1, August 2020
- Integrating assessment and performance measurement: A case of an academic course for quality improvement actions at a Saudi university. Dr. Khalid Mohiuddin, Mohammad Aminul islam, Md. Shahrear Talukder, International Journal of Assessment Tools in Education, 2020, Vol. 7, No. 3, 436–450
- Diversification of Legal Education: Understanding the Dichotomy of Practical and Theoretical Knowledge, Abu Hena Mostofa Kamal, Md. Shahrear Talukder. ASA University Review, Vol. 4, No. 2, July-December, 2010
- Poverty and Culture in Satyajit Ray’s Pather Panchali: A feminist Perspective (A dissertation by MA 1stbatch student at International Standard University)
- Optimism against Oppression in Beloved: A Black Feminism Perspective (A dissertation by MA 1st batchstudent at International Standard University)
- Overcoming the Barriers of Public Speaking for the Betterment of Career: A Case Study on Tertiary Level Students in Bangladesh Army University of Science and Technology (A thesis by BA Hons. student at BAUST)
- ELearning Speaking through Online Classes in Tertiary Level: How Effective is it? (A thesis by BA Hons. student at BAUST).
- Nominated for the program TESOL Methodology course by the U.S. Embassy
- Sonali Bank Managing Director Gold Medal 1996.
- MA in English Language Teaching (ELT)
Eastern University, Dhaka
- BA (Honor’s) in English
Khulna University, Khulna
Third, Merit Position
- Workshop on Public Speaking- The Power of Non-verbal Communication, 9th March 2022, organized by ISU Business Club, International Standard University
Workshop & Symposium:
- Gendered Education (Webinar), September 10, 2021, organized by Global Aid for Sustainable Development (GASD) & Fulbright Association
- Using Educational Technology in the English Language Classroom and Integrating Critical Thinking Skills into the Exploration of Culture in an EFL Setting (Webinar), July 7, 2021, organized
by Global Aid for Sustainable Development (GASD) & BELTA Chittagong South
- Thriving Through Tough Time (Webinar), September 24, 2020, organized by Global Aid for Sustainable Development (GASD) & BELTA Chittagong South
- PTE Academic for Teachers: Online Course Modules Webinar Demonstration, 17th February 2021, organized by Pearson English Assessment
- Building PTE Academic Confidence (Webinar), organized by PTE Academic
- Raising confidence in PTE Academic: Adapting from IELTS' Webinar held on 25 May 2021, organized by Pearson English Assessment
- Essential Tools for Conducting Online Class for Faculty Members, 22-24th September, 2020 organized by IQAC, Bangladesh Army University of Science and Technology (BAUST), Saidpur.
- Developing Dynamism in the Language Classroom, 14 September-15 September, 2018 Organized by Bangladesh English Language Teachers Association (BELTA), Teachers Helping Teachers (THT), Eastern University, Bangladesh (EU).
- IELTS Teacher Training Workshop, 16-17 December, 2017 Organized by British Council, Saudi Arabia and King Khalid University.
- Symposium entitled “Present and Future of English in Saudi Arabia: Research Concerns”, 19-20 October,2014. Organized by Faculty of Languages and Translation, King Khalid University, KSA.
- Workshop on New Strategies for Teaching English as a Foreign Language, 12-13 September, 2013 Organized by Academic Development and Quality Deanship, King Khalid University, KSA.
- The Academic Orientation Workshop, February 5-7, 2011 Organized by the Department of English, Faculty of Languages and Translation, King Khalid University, KSA.
- Two-day workshop on theater of development (TFD) in February 22 & 23, 2000 at English Discipline, Khulna University.
- Workshop on the technique of journalism in January 3 to 5 at Khulna University Press Club.
- Teachers Research! Online 2023, 17th and 18th of March 2023, Organized by IATEFL
- 10th BELTA International Conference, November 18-19, 2022
Theme: Sustainable Approach to English Language Education in a Changing World
- International Conference on Post-colonial Perspectives: Language, Literature and Culture and the Global South, 14 & 15th February, 2020, organized by Daffodil International University, Dhaka.
- English for Specific Purposes: Could You be More Specific? 9th November, 2018 organized by University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh (ULAB).
- Mini-conference entitled Engaging and Motivating Students in Language Learning, 26 March, 2016. Organized by KSAALT TESOL, and Faculty of Languages and Translation, King Khalid University, KSA.
- 4th BELTA International Conference, September 7-8, 2007 Theme: The ELT Profession: Challenges and Prospects.
- 3rd BELTA International Conference, March 20-25, 2006 English Language Teacher Training Seminar “Teaching Strategies for the ESL Classroom”.
- Train the Trainer Beginners Workshop on 4 communicative skills (Listening, Speaking, Reading & Writing) of Pearson PTE, 4th of Oct to 7th of Oct 2021, organized by Pearson PTE
- Professional Development on Motivating Students and Differentiated Teaching and Learning, 15 April, 2017. Organized by Oxford University Press and King Khalid University.
- Training Program on Research Methodology, March 2008, Center for Advanced Research in Humanities, University of Dhaka.
- Member of the Organizing Committee of the 13th Research Day, April, 2018 Organized by Faculty of Languages and Translation, King Khalid University, KSA.
- Member of the Organizing Committee of the 12th Research Day, April, 2017 Organized by Faculty of Languages and Translation, King Khalid University, KSA.
- Member of the Exam Committee of the English Language Center, King Khalid University, 2014-15.
- TESOL Methodology, delivered by University of Maryland, Baltimore County, sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government and administered by FHI 360, From September 27, 2022 - November 22, 2022
- Using Educational Technology in the English Language Classroom, Iowa State University, From May 29 to July 5, 2020
- Certificate in Computer application from National Youth Development Center.
- “Gender Responsive Justice System: The Role of The Judiciary in Ensuring Access to Justice for Women And Children Survivors” organized by UNICEF and The Women Judges Association of Bangladesh (BWJA). Thursday, 08 December 2022
- Founding Coordinator, English Language Club ISU, 2022-Present
- Founding Coordinator, King Khalid University Literature Club, 2014-2016.
- Correspondent for Culture and Literature, Mountain Top (Monthly Newsletter), Published from the Faculty of Languages and Translation, King Khalid University, KSA.
- Programs for the Communities of Bangladesh and the Philippines during the period from 2017-18. Organized by Abha Cooperative Center for Call and Communities, KSA.
- Forum for the Community of Bangladesh during the period from 30 March 2017-31 March 2017 Organized by Islamic Education Center, Khamis Mushayt, KSA.
- Assistant Professor, and Head, Department of English, July 7, 2019- 31 January 2021 Bangladesh Army University of Science and Technology, Saidpur, Nilphamari.
- Lecturer, Faculty of Languages and Translation, September 2010- September 2018 King Khalid University, Saudi Arabia.
- Lecturer, Department of English, January 2009- September 2010, ASA University Bangladesh.
- English Language Instructor, January 2008-February 2008 to Chinese Student Delegates from Zhejiang Gongshang University, China.
- Moderator, 2007-2008, Center for Research on Bangla Language Processing, BRAC University, Dhaka.
- Head of the Department, Department of English, Bangladesh Army University of Science and Technology, from 12 May 2020 to 31 January 2021.
- Invigilator, IELTS Center, King Khalid University, 2014- 2018.
- Program Coordinator, CELP, Department of English,2007- 2008, Southeast University, Dhaka
Coordinated listening skill from 2017-2018. Key responsibilities were to write listening questions, and preparing listening test audios for English Language Center (ELC) at King Khalid University, Saudi Arabia. Also coordinated Novel, Poetry, and Drama courses in different academic sessions at King Khalid University. Organized lecture series and discussion sessions as a founding Coordinator of the Literature Club for Faculty of Languages and Translation, King Khalid University.
- American Literature
- British literature
- Translation Studies
- South Asian literature
- History of English Language
- History of English Literature
- Post-colonial Literature
- Literary Theory
- Literary Criticism
- Cultural Studies
- Teaching Methods and Principles
- Second Language Acquisition
- Phonetics and Phonology
- Discourse Analysis
- International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (IATEFL)
- BELTA (Bangladesh English Language Teachers Association).
- International Club Service Director (Formerly), Rotaract Club of Daulatpur, Khulna
- Applied Linguistics
- Translation Studies
- Teaching Language through Literature
- Literary Theory and Criticism
- Creative Writing